Civic orientation courses are free of charge and are offered to you who have recently been granted a residence permit in Sweden. The course give you who newly arrived to Sweden importatnt information about Sweden society.
The course is organised by the Solna municipality and has a duration of at least 60 hours. The course is free of charge and you can attend with your native language or other language you know.
The course includes
- Arriving to Sweden
- To live in Sweden
- Maintenance and development in Sweden
- Rights and obligations
- How Swedish society is organised about family and children, health, grow old, health and medical care
- Fundamental democratic values
- Practical daily life
Who can attend?
- You who has been nationally registered for at most three years
- You who are a next-of-kin immigrant
- You who are between 18 and 64 years old
- If you who have an introduction programme from Arbetsförmedlingen. To attend, get in touch with your case worker at Arbetsförmedlingen.
You cannot attend the course if you:
- are citizen in a EU/EES-country or Schweiz
- study at upper secondary school /high school
- are a labor migrant
- are a visiting student or visiting research professor
How to register
To attend the course you contact Solna municipality by phone 08-746 10 00
We need following information for registration:
- Civic registration number, language and educational background for the person who wants to apply.
Film about civic orientation
On youtube External link, opens in new window. you can watch a film in different languages about civic orientation.